She’s not talking about Naked Smoky? *gasp* in fact, I’m so far late on the UD Naked bandwagon this is my first ever ‘naked’ palette from their infamous collection. For me, I rarely do a smoky eye and was looking for a high end eyeshadow palette I could wear more every day than on the rare occasions I go out. To say I researched the differences between the palettes is an understatement, at £38 a go (although keep reading for how to get 15% off!) I wanted to make sure I was getting the best one for my skintone. Hours of reading review, looking at youtube videos for how to create looks and spending a good half an hour swatching across the board in Debenhams I knew I had found the one: the Urban Decay naked 2 palette! I just wanted to write a quick post on my first impressions of the palette and once I’ve played around much more I’ll be posting a more in depth review of my favourite shades and looks from the Urban Decay naked 2 palette soon!
Packaging: The packaging for the Urban Decay naked 2 palette took an evolution step from the velvet, cardboard like feel of Naked (the original) which closed by a magnet. I was personally a fan of that packaging however could not imagine it would remain as clean and as magnetic as it is at first so I was pleased for Naked 2’s metal-like packaging that is much more sturdy and long-lasting. It actually clips down too which makes it perfect for travelling, I CAN NOT WAIT to take this with me to Tenerife! It’s super sleek and I can’t stop looking at mine and I know it’s going to last me a very, very long time. *stroking the case whilst I type*
1) Foxy – the nude highlight shade, beautiful matte finish for those not wanting a shimmer highlight.
2) Half Baked – a gorgeous metallic gold colour, would be great for every day and built up for an evening look.
3) Bootycall – a soft pink with a slight shimmer, again a really gorgeous nude for everyday.
4) Chopper – a copper-like metallic shade with pink undertones, could be built up or down as desired.
5) Tease – I can already seeing this as a gorgeous everyday crease colour, matte in finish with slight purple tone.
6) Snakebite – A metallic brown that could help build up an evening smoky eye or any other dramatic look.
7) Suspect – A more wearable brown/slight pink shade that would look great day and night.
8) Pistol – I love silver shades and this is exactly that, really buildable.
9) Verve – an extremely pigmented pinky shimmer, again could be built up or down, great for pale skin tones.
10) YDK – Another brown toned metallic that would work with the other shades to build up a dramatic look.
11) Busted – a brown tone without too much shimmer, this could be another great crease shade.
12 – Blackout – the most pigmented black eyeshadow I’ve ever seen, see who even needs Naked Smoky?
I can’t believe how pigmented these colours are in the Urban Decay naked 2 palette! I’ve tried many dupes and always thought they were a great double but since getting the ‘real deal’ they are pretty incomparable. I’ve never quite realised you get what you pay for with makeup. Plus this palette has so many shades that will work perfectly with one another, I can’t wait to test them all out!
I’ve been undecided between getting a UD eyeshadow primer or a MAC paint pot to prime my lids in order for the eyeshadows to last longer and remain crease free throughout the day and night. I ordered mine from Feel Unique and they sent 4 weeks of UD eyeshadow primers in each variation to try out. I’m going to give these a try and then decide on which. Which do you recommend? Be sure to let me know!
Want a Discount? Ah heck, who doesn’t is the real question here. If you want 15% off ANY of the Naked palettes (including Smoky!) or any other product sold on Feel Unique (they sell everything from Benefit to Estee Lauder to Bourjois) then simply leave your email in the comments and I’ll send you my unique link! (oh the perks of being a blogger)
I’m so happy with my gorgeous new Urban Decay naked 2 palette and can’t wait to try out many new looks with it! I’m so over the moon with the quality of the colours and the wearability is just incredible. Thank you all who recommended this to me, I love it!