I can’t believe this is my first post as a 21 year old… CRAZY! Thank you all so much for your kind birthday wishes, really appreciate it. I may be away until Tuesday but you all really made my day. Anyways, It’s officially autumn, which means it is my favourite candle season of the year. With the berries and the spiced smells coming out of the collection along with numerous emails reminding me that Yankee Candle have already released their Christmas range (no surprise where I made an order too) it’s the best for making your home smell amazing. I had actually forgot about my Melt Crowd box until I saw it popping out of my letter box and I squealed with excitement. I had already seen in mid-September a sneak preview of their boxes theme, but nothing that ruined the element of surprise and I had my monthly smell-a-thon. I’ll have a little chat with you why this box is probably my favourite yet and how everyone who has received one this year has done their good deed to charity.
So the October box was a breast cancer awareness special, with £2 going from every box to the pink ribbon foundation. What a bloody good idea! I really am so pleased with Flamingo Candles for helping raise money for such a good cause, but not only that, this months melt box may actually be my favourite yet with every scent smelling divine. It’s pink theme has my seal of approval for sure, and couldn’t encourage you any more to sign yourself up for their monthly box. At £10 a month, with no minimum contract, for eight unique melts. It’s saved me a fortune and my flat has never smelt better.
So the scents of this month include:
- pomegranate and white fig (this is a gorgeously soft yet sweet smell),
- applecurrent crumble (genuinely smells like apple crumble),
- golden woodlands (which smells like a guys aftershave? none the less, quite a nice woody smell),
- bubblegum (reminds me of being at the circus!),
- cranberry, orange and cinnamon (which is the first autumnal melt of this season and it smells amazing),
- thunderstorm (again a very woody/musky smell, similar too golden woodlands but still a nice smell)
- nutmeg and ginger (smells like ginger which is very up my street for autumn time.)
- pink ribbon (the charity has its own melt in the box which is definitely one of my favourites from this month.)
This months favourites definitely go too cranberry, orange and cinnamon as it just smells like the anticipation towards christmas with the nights getting darker and lying on the sofa in a duvet binge watching netflix (all that can really be connoted from one smell) as well as the pink ribbon melt. The pink ribbon one smells very fruity but the whole idea of supporting a charity makes me love it even more. The packaging is super cute and I definitely think more monthly subscription boxes should get behind this idea as the amount of money raised is phenomenal.
I’m yet very happy with my new melts and have already began melting them away, I’m definitely going to use my 20% voucher to get the cranberry, orange and cinnamon candle. I’m really hoping Novembers box includes more autumnal scents like this but unlike last month, I loved each and every melt and can’t get over their quality as well as value for money!
Did you receive this months Melt Crowd box? Or thinking of signing up? Let me know!